Friday, July 13, 2007

Reflection 3

Where do I begin? I have learned so much from this course and from each of you who invested time in this online world of technology. Though I did not comment on all of your blogs, I visited you and read your musings. I am exploding with ideas. I have used technology in my classroom but not to the extent this course has taught me.

I feel I have a responsibility to my "digital learners" to get on board with this - to learn from them and to have the real techies help support my efforts. I worry that there will not be enough time to put into practice what I have learned. I am also afraid of forgetting the "how to."

I am going to set up a classroom blog site with Lori's help. I have encouraged my grade partner for next year to do the same. I would definitely like to attempt a Wiki. I will encourage others in my school to take this online course.

I look forward to seeing how all of you implement the ideas we have found here.

4 comments:

godmother said...

If your blog and wiki go well, perhaps it will have a positive influence on your other grade level members, too! I'm looking forward to seeing what your students produce!

Mrs. Donovan said...

I am worried about the time constraints as well. Maybe if we all stay in contact, we can help one another. This way we can share ideas and keep the motivation going.

Mr. D. said...

You seem to have all the pieces in place to teach with more technology without taking on too much. We've learned "moodles" of new information about digital teaching and learning. All this new learning can be stressful without support. You have your grade partner on board for support with planning. You have Lori and us, your "blog buddies" for emotional support and cheerleading. I'm really looking forward to helping each other sharing feedback about our work.

Betrus said...

I am on board with you. I will need support and I would enjoy becoming a support network for each other. I share the same concerns you wrote here. I have many hopes and aspirations for this year. It will require a cheerleading squad. I will cheer for you!