Monday, June 11, 2007

Reflection 2

I already discussed how I would use Wiki in my classroom. See my May 22nd post. I am confident that I could try a newsletter. Teri told me about a site she visited and I am going to check that out.

I was thinking that bookmarking could be used for certain projects to identify sites students could access necessary information. The sites would be chosen by the teacher but there would be some potential for students to add sites. I know this has to be moderated closely.

I sometimes wish that I had more time to utilize everything I am learning in this course. I am afraid that I am going to forget how to do everything!

I have also discussed the ways I am going to use classroom blogging. As soon as I get my classroom site set up in the fall, you may want to visit. There are so many doors to open using technology. I am in awe.

One thing I need to do for myself as soon as this course is completed is to get rid of my dial-up and move into wireless! I thought I would not ever be interested in doing so.

6 comments:

Mrs. Boccuzzi-Reichert said...

Like you, I wish there were more time to utilize the technology in an effective manner to enhance curriculum. There are so many ideas and where to begin.

While I don't have my own group of students to use the technology with I have been pushing ideas on teachers in the building. So far everyone has been receptive. Currently, I am working to create an online YA course for this summer, hopefully it will work well.

Cable is definitely worth the money when it comes to the Internet you might want to add your phone in too (especially if you call long distance often.)

Keep on plugging away, I look forward to seeing your blog. Let me know how it goes!

Terri said...

I couldn't agree more with your comment about being afraid you will forget everything. Making sure I meet with my grade level and create bookmarking accounts will help - it will be like having technology buddies!! I also have been trying to keep a running list of things I will want to try in the fall so I don't forget anything. By the time we are done with this course, I will need a refresher to get things started. The best part so far is having a working blog so at least I will know how to do something!! Good luck in your technology adventures!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are getting a little different perspective on technology than before you began this course, Cheryl! I really applaud you for all the learning you are doing!

Don't worry about forgetting things. I'm going to keep all of this content available to you all so that you can refer back to it after the course is finished. It is a lot to take in and remember.

godmother said...

I'm appreciating your open-mindedness and your youthful spirit! Good for you for getting your feet wet in all this technology! Perhaps you'll add some energy to your new grade level team! I, too, am a little worried about forgetting how to use some of these programs. I may try posting some of last year's student work on a wiki just to experiment!

Betrus said...

Many of these tools are new to me as well. Del.icio.us has been the best for my personal use. Everytime I am at a site I think, "Wow, I can bookmark this." It is so easy.
I am finding it hard to remember things from one assignment to the next. I guess some things will become old hat as we integrate them into our daily lives and classrooms. Just having some background knowledge on others will still be beneficial. I really have appreciated all of the ideas you share on your blog Cheryl. I think you are getting a lot out of it.

Mr. D. said...

Your curiosity and open-mindedness are inspirational. I hope to stay connected with you and your class as we start a new school year together.

As I catch up with these course assignments, I'm thinking of personal application projects that will help me practice and remember what we learned. Godmother's suggestion to post some of last year's student work for practice is a great idea. It might serve as a starting example for new students too.

I hope you've been able to get DSL or cable for high speed.